What is FASTag and How does it work?
A FASTag is a type of electronic device that is installed on the front side of the windscreen of your vehicle. Which is useful for paying automatic toll tax at toll plazas. The advantage of this is that you do not have to stop at the toll plaza to pay the toll tax, you can pay the toll tax without stopping at the toll plaza.
As we all know that today when we go out with a big car on the road, we are stopped at many places on the way to pay tax at the toll plaza.
Which often sometimes becomes a big problem when there is a long line of vehicles. In which a lot of our time, car’s petrol etc. is wasted.
But now to avoid these troubles, the Government of India, the Ministry of Road and Transport Department, through the Authority of India, started the Fast Tag Scheme meaning Electronic Toll System.
So that people do not have to stand in long lines at big toll plazas.
FASTag This is a scheme through which you can cross your car without stopping at the toll plaza. It just needs to be installed on your car.
In this too, like we recharge mobile sim, in the same way it also has a recharge which lasts for a certain time. Although FASTag was started in 2014, which has been implemented almost everywhere in the whole country.
Or how is it recharged? Many such information which is related to fast tag, about which people do not have much information yet.
Keeping this in mind, today we have brought complete information related to fast tag in this article.
If you have a bus car or any other big vehicle and you are unaware of the complete information about this scheme, then read this article carefully at the end, it can prove to be very important for you.
Introduction to FASTag
As you know, there is a long line of vehicles to pay toll tax at the toll plaza. Due to which both the time of the driver of all the trains engaged in the line and the fuel of the train are spoiled.
Sometimes the agent of the toll plaza also has to face the problem due to lack of open money.
To overcome all these problems, the National Highways Authority of India has started a new system in 2014 called Electronic Toll Collection which is also known as FASTag.
Due to which toll tax can be paid without stopping at the toll plaza and trouble can be avoided.
Initially it was started at a toll plaza in Mumbai but now slowly it is being implemented all over the country.
Due to which all kinds of troubles occurring at toll plazas all over the country can be avoided.
How does FASTag work?
A fast tag is a type of electronic device that is installed on the windscreen of your vehicle and has a kind of system which works on the radio frequency identification system.
When your vehicle goes to the toll plaza, the sensor installed on the toll plaza contacts the radio frequency identification system installed in your vehicle and the tax on that toll plaza is deducted from your fast tag account, this whole system is automatic. .
After the payment is done, you will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number and you do not have to stop at the toll plaza. Your toll tax is also paid.
To pay your toll tax through FASTag, you have to recharge your FASTag account.
A fast tag is valid for 5 years, after which you have to get a new fast tag installed in your vehicle again.
Documents Required for FASTag
If you also save your time at toll plaza by making fast tag
If you want, then you should also be aware of the necessary documents for that which is given below.
- One passport size photograph of the owner of the vehicle.
- Registration certificate of the vehicle for which you are getting the fast tag made.
- Aadhar card of the owner.
- Along with this, the mobile number and email id of the owner of the vehicle on which SMS alerts of the transaction will come.
- Scanned copy of vehicle registration certificate and passport size photograph.
How to make FASTag?
If you also want to get fast tag installed on your vehicle, then it is quite easy, for this you do not need to worry much, if you have the necessary documents given above, then you can easily get fast tag installed on your vehicle.
About how to install it, we have told step by step below, by following which you can get this tag made and get rid of the hassle of toll tax again and again.
- By the way, you can buy fast tag offline from the bank by visiting any point of sale location, but here you may face some problems like long lines etc.
- If you want to apply online, then you can also apply online for this, first of all you have to go to the web site of any such bank that opens the account of fast tag online.
- After this you will see the option of apply for fast tag there, click on it.
- After this, you will have to fill all the necessary information asked such as name, address, mobile number, date of birth and email id etc.
- After this you have to fill your KYC details like driving license, passport, aadhar card etc.
- Then you will have to fill the registration number of your vehicle for which you are getting the fast tag made.
- In the end, you will have to scan all the asked documents and upload them in pdf format, as well as you will also have to upload a passport photo of the vehicle.
- After that you submit the form and your fast tag account will be opened.
- Now you can use this account of yours through mobile app.
How to install FASTag in car?
If you are also thinking of getting fast tag fast tag on your vehicle, then first of all you have to open your fast tag account.
After this, you can buy FASTag by visiting any bank which is authorized by the National Electronic Toll Collection Program which is Syndicate Bank, Axis Bank, IDFC Bank, HDFC Bank, State Bank of India, ICICI Bank or from Paytm.
Advantages of FASTag
After going above this article, almost what can be the benefits of this tag to you such that you will not have to stop at toll to pay tax again and again, almost you must have understood this.
But apart from this, there are many benefits of the fast tag launched by the Ministry of Road and Transport, which are given below.
- The biggest advantage of this is that there will be no long queues of vehicles at toll plazas and due to which the time of the drivers will be saved.
- You will get cashback on the amount of all taxes paid through FASTag, let us tell you that this cashback was 10% in 2016-17 and in 2018-19 it was reduced to 5% but in the year 2019-20, this cashback was taxed at 2.5%. This cashback has been given and this cashback will come in your fast tag account in 7 days.
- By making tax payment through fast tag, the lines of vehicles will not be engaged and due to which the fuel of the vehicles will also be saved over time, which is also a very important thing.
- A big advantage of this is also that when earlier the drivers of the vehicles used to pay tax in rupees, then there was a lot of problem due to lack of open money and the driver had to wait till the free money was available, which is a big advantage of this fast tag.
SMS Alert Service
Let us tell you that whenever any transaction takes place with your FASTag, you get SMS alert on your registered mobile number and email along with you get 2.5 cashback for all your toll payments.
How to Recharge
As you can understand that even for paying toll tax, there should be money in the fast tag and for this you have to recharge like your mobile balance.
You can do this recharge with debit card or credit card or net banking, in this you can recharge a minimum of 100 rupees and a maximum of one lakh rupees.
Fast tag will be installed on the new vehicle
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has now made it mandatory to put fast tag on all types of newly sold 4 wheeler’s from 1st December 2019 and now every new vehicle from the car manufacturers will get the fast tag from the company itself.
Today is the age of technology, due to which human life is becoming very easy today.
Fast tag is also an important part of technology, which saves us from the problems of paying tax and long lines at toll plazas.
If you have a vehicle of your own and you want to save time by paying toll tax again and again with long lines, then you must get fast tag for your vehicle.
People should not have any problem in getting fast tag, so today we have told you about its complete information above. Which is very important for everyone in view of today’s time.
I hope that the information given to you has understood What is FastTag?
If you have not understood any information related to this in our today’s article or if you have any problem in getting fast tag in the vehicle, then you can ask us by commenting in the comment box given below.